Tragedy
So... I never delete pictures. It drives Jeremy crazy! I finally reached the limit though and I couldn't take anymore pictures until I erased some. So... on our second day of skiing in Garmisch, up on the mountain, I decide to try and erase a bunch of old ones so I could take more pictures.
Bad idea...
I ended up erasing every picture I ever took.
So, what you won't see on this post is our drive to Garmisch, our first night at the resort, our awesome night on the Griesbrau Brewery tour (our annual Garmisch tradition), Jeremy's birthday, and our first day of skiing!
One of the worst parts about all of this is that while skiing on our first day we ran into the boys ski instructor they had every year when we came to Garmisch while living in Germany. He is still there and we were so excited to catch up with him. We got a Family picture with him but it was erased. I can not tell you how devastated I was to lose these pictures!! You will all have to imagine how amazing these pictures were. All the pictures after this incident didn't seem to be any good and I really didn't feel like even taking anymore pictures. However, there are a few good ones.
 |
| The first day Whitney went with the ski school but was bored so she went with us the rest of the week. |
 |
Connor was so brave to ski again after his terrible accident last year. We were so proud of him! The first day he and I both took a ski lesson before we went out on our own. |
 |
| So grown up! |
 |
| I spent the second day with these 2 all day while Jeremy and Aiden went to who knows where! |
 |
| Time for a break! |
 |
| ummm.... only in Germany? |
 |
| Lunch!! The best part of the day! |
 |
| Got to ski with all 3 a few runs |
 |
| My little dare devil! |
 |
| It got very, very foggy at times! |
 |
| I think we're all ready to call it a day |
 |
| Love this view! I never thought we'd ever be back to see it again. |
 |
| Edelweiss |
 |
| We love this place! |
Partnach Gorge
The Gorge is a National Monument and full of history. The icy hike is very interesting and really like nothing we've ever seen before anywhere else. The kids just loved the torches.. lol!
 |
| Lighting of the torches |
 |
| I wish my pictures would have turned out better... it was truly amazing! |
 |
| After the hike we stopped at this Gasthof for some hot chocolates |
 |
| The kids were amused by the stuffed animals staring at us! |
 |
| Day 3: Fresh snow last night and the sun is trying to poke through! Jeremy and Aiden hit the slopes early. The rest of us stayed at the resort for the day. |
 |
| We had the whole hot tub to ourselves! |
 |
| We signed up for facials and massages. Whitney's face says it all... she was a little skeptical about this lady rubbing her hands on her face. hahah!! |
 |
| She hung in there as long as she could but asked to be done right after I took this picture. I think she lasted 10-15 minutes. |
 |
| Connor got an hour long massage and loved it! |
 |
| Jeremy and Aiden survived the day and made it back to eat dinner with us. |
 |
| Driving home... so beautiful! |
Pee Wee Basketball
Also lost on the camera were pictures from the end of the basketball season party for Whitney. I was really happy to see how much she learned and how much she improved this season. It was really fun to watch her practices and games!
 |
| Wearing her medal! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment