No Daddy
Jeremy left this week to go to the US for 10 days. He wanted to go there to celebrate his 40th birthday at the end of the month. The problem is that the week of his actual birthday is dress rehearsals for the play that he's in. So, he went early!
This week was very busy!! Plus.... to make it just a little more difficult everyone ended up getting a bad cold. Whitney started it and then it went through everyone hitting me last.
This is how our week looked:
Monday - basketball practices. Connor and Aiden have practice an hour apart in 2 different locations so basketball practice means driving everyone around from 4pm-almost 8pm while Whitney and I are doing homework in the van while we wait! Whitney started getting the cold.
Tuesday - Scouts. Jeremy (the Scout Master) assigned me to be the Merit Badge Counselor for the Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge for 4 weeks. It was actually a lot of fun but still a lot of work! Connor got the cold.
![]() |
| Some of the Scouts at the Fire Station getting ready to go through a simulated exercise! |
Wednesday - basketball practices again. Connor and Whitney both still have the cold.
Thursday - Thursdays are early release which means the kids get out of school at 1pm. A good friend is in Germany with her husband who is very ill. A group of us are helping her with her kids. This week they came to my house after school so I worked from home for the afternoon. The boys just play outside every game imaginable that includes a ball. Whitney and the other little girl decided they wanted to play "pranks" on everyone. I was on a conference call and obviously not paying close enough attention to them. They decided to play a prank that looked like someone had pee'd on the floor. They ended up dumping out A LOT of my (very expensive) essential oils to look like pee!!!!!!! We are talking about hundreds of dollars wasted!!!!! THEN... they emptied all the contents out of my purse and hid them all over Whitney's room!!! I didn't even know about this prank until Friday morning. We were all late for school/work while I searched for my wallet, etc... in her room. We never did find the keys to the van so we all had to squeeze into our small Mercedes!!! Aiden got the cold.
Friday - Stayed up late helping Connor with his Science Fair project. Still can't find the keys! All 3 have the cold.
Saturday - up early to take Connor to his basketball game at 8am then drove like a crazy Italian to get to Aviano (2 hours away) in time for Aiden's basketball game at 12pm. As I've mentioned before, this is Connor's first year playing basketball. He's really doing great for his first year and I'm so proud of him to trying a new sport! But... Aiden on the other hand... he's has turned into an animal on the basketball court!! He has played for a few years but this year it has really clicked. His specialty is stealing the ball. His hands and feet have suddenly gone through this crazy growth spurt (he went from a size 5.5 to 8 in shoes)! His big hands can steal the ball away from anyone!!! It's so fun to watch and to hear strangers in the bleachers yelling his name during the games!!! I woke up with the beginning stages of the cold.
Sunday - I tried to find a substitute to do music time at church for me but couldn't find anyone. I suffered through it! Then we finally got to rest a little after church. Oh! And we found the keys that night! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment