Sunday, February 4, 2018

W16 of Y4

Grandpa Cates

One of the hardest things about living overseas is losing a loved one suddenly and  not being able to be there for family or the funeral.  This week we unexpectedly lost Jeremy's grandpa.  He was 92 but seemingly very healthy and independent.  He went to the hospital for a nagging cough and they told him he had a terminal disease in his lungs and sent home with 72 hours to live.  I was so glad that we got to see him and his girlfriend, Marge, over the summer.  They were always such a sweet couple and I dearly love them both!

We'll miss you Grandpa!

Priesthood

When Connor turned 16, he became a Priest.  
On Sunday he blessed the sacrament for the first time.  
It sure seemed like time went by really slow until they turned 10 and then started speeding up exponentially!  
We sure are proud of Connor.  He's a good kid and is working on becoming an exceptional adult.  He's already passed me up!




Even though he's over 6 foot tall and his shoulders seem broader than I am long.... I still see my little Connor bug in there too.  I love it that he still calls me "Mommy".  He even asks me if he can call me "Mom" now and I tell him "no".  He comes and says goodnight to me before he goes to bed - even when I'm asleep by 9 and he doesn't go to bed until midnight (on weekends).  He'd rather be home with us on a Friday night "chilling" than running around with friends - nothing is more fun than Pizza-Movie night!  

1 comment:

kathy said...

What a fine young man Connor is becoming. So proud of him.