Field Trip
I love living in Europe and being able to travel to so many interesting places and learn about so many different cultures that are all relatively close. HOWEVER, I think the one thing that I love MOST about living overseas is our "campus" lifestyle. All 5 of us go to school, work, gym, grocery shopping, doctor appointments, after school activities, sports practices/games, etc... together every day. Our commute is only 10-15 minutes from my house and there are school busses and shuttles that come right to our house and transport the kids so they can come and go when they want. I can pop in to see any one of my kids during lunch or a school activity and I always see Jeremy multiple times during any given day. This sure is different compared to our lives in Kansas before moving to Italy where I had to commute 45 min to 1 hour each way for work!
Today, Whitney's 5th grade class walked from their school to the movie theater to watch a Wrinkle in Time and then they walked to the big track and field right across from my office for a picnic lunch. It was so fun to look out my window and watch them playing.
| And, yes... it was raining on and off the whole time but no one cared! |
Olympic Gymnasts
Today Whitney got to attend a special gymnastics clinic run by 3 Olympic Gymnasts, including Laurie Hernandez, 2016 Gold Medalist!
| During the Q&A, this little guy asked Laurie if she had a boyfriend! LOL! |
| Whitney loved this! What a great opportunity! |
Memorial Day Weekend
Jeremy took the scouts to the American Cemetery in Florence for their annual Memorial Day ceremony. They went Saturday morning to help prepare the cemetery for the event and camp out for a couple of days.
|
|
| The American and Italian troops |
What did Whitney and I do all weekend?
| Long over due deep cleaning and reorganizing EVERYTHING! |




No comments:
Post a Comment