Sunday, October 14, 2018

W52 of Y4

4 Years

This week marks the end of our 4th year in Italy.  4 years is the longest that we've lived ANYWHERE since we got married.  I never in a million years would have guessed that my kids would live most of their childhood in Europe!  Sometimes I wonder if we made the right choice to take jobs in Europe and raise our kids in different cultures.  Germany was very different from Italy and they are both extremely different from the military culture, which was as foreign to us as anything else.  I guess we will never know what life would have been like if we stayed in America and raised our kids more like the way we were raised.  However, I strongly believe that when opportunities present themselves to you - it's for a reason.  Our kids have experienced so much more than I ever did at their age.  Sure, we miss things like Walmart and favorite fast food restaurants but we've also traveled to over 30 different countries and learned a lot about the world, people, food, etc..  I pray that when our children look back on their childhood they are grateful for these experiences that will shape who they become.   If not.... well, Sorry kids! 

Holiday Show

Whitney decided to audition for the holiday show this year.  She didn't do it last year because neither Jeremy or I wanted to do it with her.  This year was the same but she decided she wanted to do it anyway.  I'm really proud of her for doing this knowing the huge time commitment and effort it will take.  I'm also really proud of her audition.  It is very intimidating to get on stage, BY YOURSELF, and sing a song, WITHOUT MUSIC, in a room full of people of all ages - some you know but some who are strangers.  I love that she forgot the line a little bit in the beginning but she got a little help and then got right back on track and didn't let it phase her.  I think she did a great job!  And, of course, so did the director - she got a part!!!




First Middle School Dance
Whitney went to her first Middle School dance this week.  She was so excited for it!  Wow... the difference between girls and boys.  Connor and Aiden never wanted to go to any dances. lol!

Whitney's friend came over to get ready together.  This was their 'before' picture.



The 'after' picture! :)







It sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

Tennis: Vicenza vs. Rome
3-8L

Home tennis matches this weekend against an international school in Rome.

Aiden and his doubles partner meeting their opponents


I really love watching Aiden play!  I'm really proud of him for picking up a brand new sport and giving it his all! 
He has improved so much this season!
Football: Vicenza vs. Aviano
6-41L
Our football team played against the undefeated team in our division this weekend and got killed!  I'm just glad that no one got hurt!

Jeremy drove to Aviano to watch the football game while I stayed back to watch tennis.  This was the only picture I got. lol!

No comments: