Sunday, March 31, 2019

W24 of Y5


Date Night

Because the musical consumed every night and weekend for the last couple of months, Jeremy and I had not been on a real date since Israel.  So, he found a couple on EATWITH in Verona and booked a dinner for us.  We were so impressed with EATWITH in Tel Aviv that I was nervous we would not be able to match that experience in Italy.  But, it was guaranteed to be memorable irregardless!

Jeremy and I caught the train from Lerino to start our date!
We got to Verona a little early so we stopped to have a typical Italian snack

With the arena right in front of us and plenty of good people watching we were having such a good time we could have just stayed there for the night!


We met up with some friends at the house.  They had this beautiful table set up for us!

Our chef for the evening, Silvia.  She made this delicious tortellini by hand!  

Knowing that Silvia had to tie each and every one of these delicious tortellini made me savor every single bite!  It was delicious!  The sauce is made of butter and chamomile flowers!  

Main course: pureed potatoes with carrots, peas, BEEF CHEEKS, and polenta.  Yes, I said beef cheeks.
I can honestly say I have never in my life had a tastier or more tender piece of meat!  I don't think I've ever eaten beef cheeks before but they are TASTY!

Dessert 1: Tiramisu (also one of the best that I've ever had)

Dessert 2: Apple pie
Dessert 3: giant almond cookie.  This was actually my favorite! 
Even though we were stuffed we all sat around and nibbled on this until midnight!

So, final assessment:  our EATWITH experience in Italy was different from the one in Tel Aviv but equally as wonderful!  The other guests are friends with the couple who hosted and they were all so much fun!  My stomach hurt from laughing so hard.  We enjoyed making fun of Italians and then making fun of Americans!  They had a great sense of humor.  I've always heard of these elaborate dinner parties that the Italians are famous for and now I know what that is like.  This was a real authentic, personal experience and definitely the absolute best food I've had since we've been here! 

Thanks for planning a great date Babe!

2 comments:

Silbo said...

Ahhhhhh ahhh ;) that’s amazing ... how much I was happy to cook for you and your friends!!!!
And obviously, today I bought up apples, a source of pectin !!!!! ;)

kathy said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wonder why we don't do dinners like that here in the US. Maybe something to do with our terrible crime rate?