Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Haircut DRAMA!

WHY?!?!?

Jeremy likes to shave his head every 6 months or so. I hate it! But... what I hate more is that he always wants to shave Connor's head too. This time Jeremy let Connor shave his head. Then Connor and Jeremy BOTH begged me to let Jeremy shave Connors hair. I said no, no, no. But Connor was actually crying and they were both saying that it was a bonding moment for them that brings them closer together, blah, blah, blah.
Well.... I finally gave in.
In the background you can see Jeremy's hair.
They decided to leave it as a Mohawk for the Ice Cream Social that night and then shave it all off later that night. We even put kool-aid in his hair to turn it red.
Connor thought he was really cool.
THEN... the drama really began.

As soon as we went inside and Connor saw that there were hundreds of people there including all of his classmates he had a full-on PANICK attack! He made sure someone was always on both sides of him to "cover him". He constantly had an eye out for anyone he knew and when he saw someone he ran the other direction. Poor guy! He couldn't relax the entire time. I really felt bad for him and had to hold back the "I told you so's".
As soon as we got home Jeremy shaved the rest of it and Connor was much happier!
I still miss his cute hair though. I told Jeremy this is the LAST time. They'll have to find another way to bond!

3 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, that is hilarious. I guess mommy and daddy really do know what they're talking about. I love how he was "hiding". Too funny.

Unknown said...

This is a special father and son bonding tradition that will never be compromised!!! And you forgot to mention that all of Connor's friends said he had the coolest hair in the whole school!

Cami said...

I can NOT believe you left it in a MOHAWK!!! And then you put kiil-aid in it!!! Crazy Mom!!! Although, I am going to have to take Jeremy's side on this one... if Connor likes his head shaved every months, then so be it!!! He looks sooo cute!! I can't believe they are both in school!!!

~ Cami