Sunday, July 5, 2009

Week 19

Sunny and hot every day this week. Perfect for going to the lake!!

We were all so proud of Aiden this week. Monday we took his new bike out (sans training wheels) for the first time. He was really mad at Jeremy for insisting that the training wheels come off and he cried the whole way to the bike path because he was so scared to ride the bike. However, He got on and just took off! He had a few falls in the beginning but ended up riding all the way to the lake and back (5 miles) on his first day!!




He did have to walk his bike up the hills though. Connor was nice to walk his bike with him.


We had to celebrate by stopping at the bakery to get everyone their fave's. Connor likes the croissants, Whitney always gets a pretzel, and Aiden loves the damfnudels!

Loving Aiden's bike helmet hair!!!

Had to throw this one in there too!!

One day this week we took the Elders on base to do some (American) grocery shopping.
The boys just LOVE these guys! They are really awesome!!

Jeremy had Friday off so he got to go to the lake with us finally!!
There is also an outdoor swimming pool right next to the lake. It's small but the water is warm and it's a nice change sometimes.


When in Germany... do as the Germans...

I always take Whitney to the lake with swim diapers and swim suit, however, I noticed none of the German kids have anything on! So... I decided to follow suit and strip her down to get cleaned up in the shower.

The boys were having a lot of fun in the shower. Connor might as well be naked too since his swim suit will never stay up!


4th OF JULY

Here are some wasting-time pictures that Jeremy took while everyone was waiting on me to get ready.



Yes... Whitney has blue fingernail polish on for the holiday
(they match Mommy's toes!!)


(Thanks for the socks for Connor Mom!)

We went to one of the Military bases in Mannheim for the 4th. First on our agenda was playing on the soccer field. One of our favorite spots!!


Next we met up with the Missionaries (6 of them) and we all went to Burger King for whoopers (as Connor calls them).


Then we were off to the rides....



This poor guy should NOT have gone on this ride right after Burger King!! He had to pray to the porcelain God afterwards. :(

Poor little Aiden... Jeremy was laughing sooo loud. I could hear him over all the screaming and music. He doesn't laugh like that often enough! I love it. :)

I thought Connor had peed his pants until I realized everyone had wet pants. I am pretty sure it was from the rain earlier.

Whitney was so funny on this ride. She never stopped turning the steering wheel back and forth. I think she really thought she was driving the train. She was taking her "job" very seriously.


This is more Aiden's speed...
Games and Cotton Candy!!!
After the carnival the Missionaries all came back to our place for a BBQ.

They taught the boys self-defense while Jeremy grilled all the meat! lol!
The boys were loving it!


We had a great week and a Wunderbar 4th of July!!! We did miss fireworks though.... They didn't start until 10:45 at night. We intended on going but around 9:30-ish we could tell that the boys would never have made it. We had a pretty full day and everyone (including ME!!) was exhausted. It was a great day though and we were really grateful to have the US Military so close. It was a fitting place to be on our Independence Day!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You are creating so many wonderful memories! I love that Conner and Aiden, and even Whitney, get to spend so much time with the missionaries. They probably look up to them and think they are cool, what great role models to have!

Cami said...

Wow!!! Looks like you guys are all having super fun! Every post has the missionaries in it I swear! They must LOVE hanging out with American's! I don't blame them! You guys take them to American Restaurants and you speak English!!! ha ha! I LOVE Whitney's little butt!!!!

~ Cami

Scott and Tobi said...

I'm sorry to hear that Aiden likes the fnudels so much, but you could have left off the expletive.

Scott

Jeremy and Amy said...

Ha ha Scott! The funny thing is that the Germans always sound like they're cussing to me!