Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week 47

Things finally feel like they are getting back to normal around here post-holidays! We didn't really do a whole lot this week outside of our normal routine... school, work, etc...

Saturday we decided to go up to Ramstein AirForce Base to see the new mall. I've been there before but no one else had. It's only 45 minutes away but we tried to get a room at the new hotel anyway. All the rooms were taken since it's a holiday weekend though so it was just a day trip.

The Mall was fun and had something for everyone...

Sorry Whitney... I couldn't resist!

The best part...

Eating at Chili's!

All the things we love about American restaurants: Chips and salsa right when you sit down, ice in the cups, a waiter that refills your soda before the last one is gone, kids menus with food they'll eat, plastic cups for kids with lids, and a bottle of ketchup on your table so you don't have to keep asking for it

Whitney has developed a unique fashion sense...

She loves to pick out her own clothes now and each outfit ALWAYS includes 'dressers' (skirts or dresses), something pink, and if she can get away with it 'slippities' (sandals or slippers). She has so much personality it's amazing!

Jeremy is always telling me that I need to write down all the funny things she says but when I go to write it down I can't remember! So, I thought I would add this story that happened this weekend while it is still fresh in my mind.

This weekend while shopping at the grocery store a woman passing us in the aisle was scolding her daughter and said 'don't make me tell you again!'
Whitney observed all of this and then started in with the questions...

W: Mommy, what happened?
A: The little girl got in trouble
W: Why did the Mommy say this 'don't make me tell you again!' really mad?
A: the little girl was doing something naughty
W: no, the little girl is nice
etc... etc...

The scolding Mom and two other Mom's in the aisle were cracking up!

2 comments:

Cami said...

ha ha ha! That's a funny story about Whitney! She is so cute. I noticed the "little girl" with the plummers in that picture, and I didn't even realize it was Whit-bit until I read it!!!! She is getting so big and she doesn't even KNOW ME!!!!!! :( Give all the kids hugs and kisses for me!!!

~ Cami

Anonymous said...

I miss my grandchildren!! They are sooo adorable! Mom