Sunday, December 28, 2008

30 Hours



We lost power to our home for the last 30 hours. What an experience!!!



Jeremy made scrambled eggs on the fireplace. Connor was appalled!
He said "We're like poor people!"



Whitney didn't mind. She was shoveling the eggs with both fists by the little lantern


The boys were ok until the juice to the portable DVD player ran out


Lunchables by candlelight for dinner


Keeping Whitney away from the candles was a challenge


"Camping" in front of the fireplace all night.
The boys thought that was fun. Whitney... not so much. lol!


Overall, we were just fine... thanks to Jeremy's survival skills. We made it through the night. When we woke up the thermostat was at 59'. But we had lots of blankets and warm clothes. I ended up sleeping with my little hot potato (Whitney) all night. She's a great bed-warmer.

This morning the boys were restless, not knowing what to do with themselves. I pointed out all the things we DID have... coloring books, markers, toys, a roof over our heads, food, etc... Connor said "We're blessed, huh Mommy?" I felt so thankful for all of our blessings.

At 10:00am I said to the boys... "Pretty soon we're going to hear a beep and then... " at that exact moment, we heard a beep and then all the lights came on. Connor immediately grabbed the remote to the TV and said "I love you, Cartoon Network!"

Life is back to normal.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh my land, why did you lose power? That's crazy! And it's even crazier you didn't call me, you goof ball. We would have loved having you over. I hear you're moving on me. WHY?????? I'm mad at you. You're one of the coolest people, and now you're up and leaving. Darn you! I'm sure you'll love it. You better stay in touch. Call me.

Cami said...

Gosh! 59 Degrees!!! Brrrrrr. Looks like everyone was happy and bundled though! Ecpet Whitney in that last picture!!! I would have got her out if I were there! Livia said the other day that she wishes I would have another baby, like Whitney! Funny huh?!! Glad you got your electricity back though. have a good day!

~ Cami