Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Glove

With Aiden's hand all banged up the highly anticipated, long-awaited World's Of Fun trip was in question. We had planned to go last night for a really long time but Aiden didn't even want to go because his hand hurt too bad. Jeremy had already bought the tickets even so we didn't know what to do. Jeremy talked Aiden into letting him work on his hand to protect it so we could go.

First he put gauze around each individual finger, taped it up and then put a big, fat glove over it. Aiden seemed happy about it so we went. We had SO MUCH FUN! We stayed until it closed at 11:00! All the kids, even Whitney, stayed awake the whole time and were so good and happy. Aiden, Whitney and I went on lots of rides together in the Camp Snoopy area and Jeremy and Connor went on just about every scary ride they had there. It was awesome because the entire park was reserved by some big corporation that night but the corporation cancelled at the last minute. They decided to leave the park open for the public. I think there were about 20 families there TOTAL. There were NO lines and we got special treatment from all the workers. Aiden was especially happy because he got to tell everyone we saw about his hand. lol!

I could just KICK myself though.... I forgot my camera. There were so many good picture moments too. Like: Whitney going on her first rides and loving it! or Connor and Jeremy running from ride to ride with huge smiles on their faces like they had been BFF's their entire lives! or all 3 of the kids dancing in games area to YMCA... one of the booths had a mike and the girl was cheering on the kids through the speaker so everyone around was coming over to look at them. Aiden looked so funny dancing with his gloved hand and Whitney has got the cutest dance moves! I was so mad at myself for forgetting my camera!

We had to buy this picture there so we could at least remember
"The Glove":

1 comment:

Cami said...

That is soooo sad!!!!!! I'm glad that you guys still went though! Gosh, you sure did write a lot about it though!!! ;) It might be a good thing you forgot your camera, because last weekend Valarie and Aunt Terri had their cameras at Silverwood Amusement Park and they both got stolen!!! I want to see Whit's dance moves!!!

~ Cami