Sunday, March 8, 2009

Second Week

Still unable to post pics. Sorry. You'll have to listen to me ramble on.
Our second week here was better. We've all pretty much adjusted to the time change now. We have experimented enough with the local eating places here to know what we like. PLUS... the big news of the week was Jeremy passed the Drivers License test. It's really hard. You have to take a 2 hour class and then pass a 100-question test with an 85% or higher to pass. Jeremy got an 84% the first time... UGGGG! He had to retake it and passed with a 95%. Since he passed the test his boss loaned him one of his cars until our van gets here. We drove to the Military Base which is just 10 minutes or less from our house this weekend for the first time. It was wonderful!! I felt like I was back in the U.S. We went to the PX (like a Walmart) and the Commissary (groceries) and then Wingers for lunch! I got all stocked up on American food that we were missing. We have to be careful how much we buy for 2 reasons... the car we are using is SOOOO small. We barely all fit into it and then the bags have to go under our feet. Also, our fridge in the room is really tiny too. No freezer. It was good though. I also took the drivers test last week and failed. :( I am taking it again tomorrow. Even after I get it though I really don't want to drive here. It is really scary and different.
Let's see..... the kids are doing good. The boys are really missing Kayla (when I say boys, I mean Jeremy too) I miss her too. The other night Aiden was saying family prayer and said "Please bless Kayla won't die. Please bless she won't forget about us". He talks about her everyday... ALL day! He bought a stuffed animal dog here because it looks like Kayla and carries it with him everywhere and shows it to everyone and says that his name is Kayla. :(
I also takled laundry this week. It is not an easy job here at all to do laundry. The machines are really small and take a lot longer. To make it worse they only have 1 dryer that works.
Well, my hour is just about up. Here's to Week #3.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Well, it sounds like things may be looking up! That's good that you have a car at least and that Jeremy passed the drivers test. Good luck on yours tomorrow. Me and the girls are still praying for you guys, on a daily basis. I can't wait to see pictures! Tell the kids hi and that their favorite aunt loves and misses them!

~ Cami

Heidi Meadows said...

Sounds like you all are having quite the adventure. Hope the drivers test went well for you, even though I think I would be afraid to drive there too. Are you starting to pick up any of the language? I'm sure your kids will be the ones to learn the quickest. How neat for them to have this experience.

Mandy said...

I'm glad you are adjusting well. :) I think it's blessing that Conner likes his school. I know my boys would have a ROUGH time going somewhere new. They had a rough time moving to Kansas. That bakery sounds like my kind of place. If I lived near a bakery, I'd probably gain 30 lbs in a week! You'll have to try Germany's chocolate and tell me if it's as good as what I hear. :) Good luck on passing your drivers test!