This week was pretty eventful. Let's see....
I passed my Driver's License test with a 97%... YAY! I was too scared to even try to drive though until yesterday for the first time. Not only are the signs, lights, rules, speed limits, etc... totally different but the car we have is a stick. I haven't driven a stick since my cute, little college car. It came back pretty quick. I did get lost a few times though (even with the GPS!!) Every exit has 2, 3, or 4 exits that are all lumped together. So when the GPS says to "exit right" it's hard to figure out which exit to take. If you take the wrong one you can get stuck on the wrong autobahn and have to drive a long way before you can get off and turn around. Ugggg! I did find the Ikea during my little detour. That was exciting! :)
We went and looked at another house this week in Hudenfelt. So far this one has been the best one that we've seen. It has 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 stories plus a basement. The best part is that an American family has been renting it so the landlord put in a full kitchen already (with a dishwasher!!!). Every house we've seen the kitchen is TOTALLY empty. You provide your own counters, stove, sinks, fridge, etc... You also provide all light fixtures and outlet covers. This is expected here so to find a house with a kitchen already in it is amazing! We should find out tomorrow if we get this house. The only down side is that there is no yard. In fact, the family there right now have 2 dogs and have to walk 2.5 blocks just to find a patch of grass for them to pee. That's why they are moving. There is a huge park, lake, walking/biking path just a couple blocks away though so we could go there a lot.
We had our first dinner invite with a really nice couple from our ward here. It was such a great time. The members here are so nice. They don't speak a lot of English and some of them don't speak any at all but they still come and talk to us every single week and try their hardest to talk to us. We appreciate their efforts but really would like to learn German better so that we could talk to them in their own language. One lady is from Africa and speaks better French than German and very little English. We actually talk to each other in French because that is the best way that we can understand each other. I took French in college and don't speak well, but it works.
This weekend we went to a place called Kids World. We thought that we really needed to do something FUN! This place was great. I think Jeremy even had more fun than the boys. :) Whitney was fearless, which was freaking me out. Most of the things there would have been illegal in the US for a million safety violations. There were absolutely no age or height restrictions on anything. It was fun.
Connor is doing great at school, but he still talks about Belinder every day and misses it. He never complains though. I'm so proud of him. There is a mean kid at school that told Connor on his first day that he didn't like new kids. He would say mean things to Connor every day. He told him he was going to punch him, that he didn't like Connor's sweatshirt, etc... Connor would just laugh when he told me because he thought this kid was 4 or 5. I guess he's really little, but in reality he is probably Connor's age or even older. Connor asked some of the other kids if that kid was mean to any of them and they all said that he is mean to everyone. So, he just hangs out with the nice kids. The last time he told Connor he was going to punch him another kid stood up for Connor and told him he couldn't. That made Connor feel good. I know he misses his old school and it's not as good here. He had so many good friends there. 2 of the kids had to call him before we left even because their Moms said they had been crying all weekend because Connor was moving. I am just glad that it will be summer soon and then he can start the next year with everyone else. The other day they already got another new girl. Connor said that he told the girl "Don't worry. I know it's scary but you'll get use to it fast, I did". lol!
Aiden is a little trooper too. He just hangs out with me all day. I insist on going on walks every day, rain or shine, just to get out of our room. He never complains. Poor guy... I walk so fast and make him hold onto the stoller to keep up. He is literally running most of the time to keep up with me. He's so sweet.
Then there is Whitney. She has been the biggest pill since we got here. We can never predict when or IF she will take a nap or go to bed at night. It's awful! She was so consistent in KC with sleeping and such a good sleeper too. She rarely takes a nap here anymore which leaves her grumpy from not getting enough sleep. It is impossible to "Whitney-proof" our room so you have to watch her constantly and even then she manages to break, spill, tear, mess everything up! That's the other reason I have to leave everyday because it is so much work just watching her in the room. She is driving ALL of us crazy!! I really can't wait to get into our home and get our things. Hopefully this house will work out and we can move SOON!!!!
Well, I better go. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks to all the readers and comments.
See ya next week.
2 comments:
It sounds like everything is finally looking up! That is so sad but so sweet about Connor's school! And little Aidy and Whitlles! I am so excited for you guys to get that house, hopefully!! It sounds nice! It's okay that it doesn't have a yard, the park is only 2.5 blocks away. You can just go there every day. Although, that would get really old with animals. You guys can just get a cat though! The kids would like that. Oh, wait! Jeremy is allergic, right?! Oh well. I hope you guys have a good week. Good job on passing your drivers test! Love ya
~ Cami
Amy,
We laugh and cry as we read your entries. They are great and help us understand what you are going through. it osunds very exciting and scary and fun and hard and ...- well you know. We are so proud of all of you. Please tell the kids we think about them all teh time and pray for you guys. We love you so much. We are having our own drama and trauma I guess as we plan for our big move.
Brad
Post a Comment