Sunday, March 1, 2009

We're Here!!!!

This is the first time I've had internet access since we got here. I can not describe how happy I am to read email, see everyone on their blogs, etc... It's amazing how much you miss something when it's gone. That's pretty much what I think all the time here. I never had such an appreciation for normal, yellow mustard before. I thought I was somewhat prepared before we got here. I read several books, looked up everything I could about Germany online. But, I have to say it's a little overwhelming. We are still in the boarding house, which, if you took the tour from the link I posted before we got here and you saw it yourself in person you would fall on the ground laughing (or crying). It's nothing what the website made it look like. It's ok though. We have everything we need. I am just really looking forward to being able to get settled in our own place. We don't have our van yet so we walk a lot... I love that part (except when it's raining and it's pretty cold here). Connor started school last week and likes it. A bus comes and picks him up in front of the boarding house and takes him to the Military base where the school is, and brings him back. Jeremy works all day. So, Aiden, Whitney, and I get to explore during the day. Our room is too small to stay inside all day with the kids and there's not much to do. I brought a huge suitcase full of toys but they are already bored of them. The TV is all in German except we get CNN and an occasional MTV show in English. We are so desperate for English TV that Jeremy and I actually watched Paris Hilton's new BFF the other night just because it was in English. LOL! We have a portable DVD player but we only brought 6 DVD's and we've watched them all by now. So... we have to get out of our room. We walk and walk and walk and walk. There is a Mc Donald's about 2 miles away that we like to walk to, but mostly it's just fun to walk somewhere different every day and see what we are going to find. I've gotten us lost a few times but we always find our way back. Before our walk we've gotten into a bad habit of stopping at the bakery and trying a new pastry every day. Oh my gosh they are so good!
Sundays we've been going to a German ward. It's really small and interesting. We don't really understand anything but it feels good to be there. The boys are such troopers. They never complain. They keep saying that we are on vacation. They have been so good. Whitney's been a little pill but she's good too. I have to hurry because my hour is almost over. I will write more later. We miss all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Kinda crazy! It's going to be interesting to hear how your adventure unfolds over there! Have to say....I'm a teensy bit jealous! I'd love the chance to live 'away' for a few years! 'Specially with the kids so young! Good luck with it all!

Cami said...

Im glad you were able to post! I can't wait until you get settled though and can post pictures! It sounds kind-of crowded and a bit "different" right now! :) But, I bet by the end of the 3 years, you guys will be sad to leave that place! Mom says you are looking into a house that you like. Good luck with everything! Eat a pastry for me!!! :)

~ Cami