Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week 5

This was a really good week here. The weather got yucky again, it rained pretty much every day. However, we had places to go almost everyday so that was good. Tuesday we took the missionaries on base to let them shop at the commissary and get some Taco Bell. They were LOVING IT!!! Wednesday a woman from church came and picked us up (Aiden, Whitney, and me) and took us to her house. She doesn't have any little kids anymore but she still had some old toys and it was just nice for a change of scenery without having to walk in the rain to get it. Thursday a different woman from church came and picked us up and took us to Ladenburg. This is the oldest town in Germany (98 BC). It was such a charming town. The Romans were the first ones that lived there so there is a lot of Roman architecture still there. It was so interesting. It was also the home of Carl Benz (Mercedes Benz). We saw the home that they lived in as well as the museum. It was closed but we got to look through the windows. :) Saturday I took the boys to Sea Life in Speyer. (Thank Goodness for my GPS!!!) Jeremy stayed home with Whitney because she woke up really early and didn't sleep well the night before, she has a little cold, and because we thought she would make it miserable for everyone else there. That night we all went to an International Potluck at church. There were almost 20 different countries represented there. It was so interesting to see and taste all the different kinds of food. I took BBQ Ribs from a restaurant on base. Today was Ward Conference at church and they finally announced our membership at the ward. Unfortunately I had to stay home with Whitney. Her cold seems to be getting worse and she's not sleeping. I think she's teething on top of this cold. Poor thing. The other highlight from today is that we discovered that we can get the internet in our room!!! We've tried before and never could. For some reason it worked today. So, we've all been online all day. When the boys got home from church they played all their computer games for about 3 hours! They were giddy about it. It was so fun! I don't think I'll ever take the internet for granted ever again after this. Anyway, since we got internet in our room that also means that I can finally post pictures. I uploaded all the pictures from my camera and couldn't believe that I had 227!! After deleting all the bad ones even! So.... I won't post ALL the pictures but I will post a lot of them. I want the pics on the blog for my blurb book. I didn't spend a lot of time editing though.... it would have taken me all day.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

bowmans bunch said...

I love all your pictures there! It's nice to actually see pictures! I have to say that my favorite one is Aiden coming down the slide and Whitney spilling the bubbles! Priceless shots! Hope your having fun!

Cami said...

I love your pictures. I miss the little kiddies. It's amazing how quick kids adapt to change isn't it. I bet they don't even realize how small the apartment is, as much as you do.Looking at your Airport pictures, I was SOOOOO embarraced for you! You guys had SOOO Much stuff!!! OMG!! And why did you have 3 CARSEATS! Wow. That must have sucked. I love the little town pics of the little shops and buildings and stuff. Cute town. That little boy is sooo cute!!! I can't believe they have lived there for 2 years though. Sad. It looks like memorable times. Love and miss you.

~ Cami