Another week down!! This was actually a really good week. The weather was nice every day. Still chilly (in the 50's) but it didn't rain all week. Also, Jeremy was out of town (NO... that's not why it was a good week) but he left the car for me. I didn't think I would go anywhere but decided to try it out. We drove somewhere everyday. I'm not afraid to drive here anymore and had fun driving to new places and to the base. It was great! Aiden, Whitney, and I went on base to have lunch with Connor on one of the days. That was really interesting. It was really good for me to see Connor with his friends at school. I always imagine things worse than they are. He has a lot of good friends and they are all so sweet. They all loved Whitney and were so nice to her and Aiden. I asked Connor where the mean kid was. He pointed to a table far away and there was one little boy eating all by himself there. Connor said that was the mean kid and he has to sit there by himself every day at lunch because he always gets in trouble. Connor is so nice though - he took Aiden and Whitney over to him so he could meet them. He says that they kid isn't mean anymore. Connor is so proud of his little brother and sister and wanted to introduce them to everyone. Then Connor begged me to come to his classroom so he could show me a book. He has been talking about this book for about 2 weeks and has the whole thing memorized. He has rehearsed it for all of us several times. It's called "When I came to this land". He took us back there and showed us the book and his teacher said that he loved the book. Connor said that he asked his teacher if he could bring it home to show us and the teacher said no because then he would have to let all the kids take home books. Well, the next day a boy passed out on the bus because he was dehydrated. Connor was really upset about it all day. At school he was sad about the boy and his teacher told him to hurry and put the book in his bag before all the other kids saw and he let him bring it home for the weekend to cheer him up. lol! Connor read the book to us 100 times this weekend. It's so funny. Connor LOVES to read. He's so proud of his little book collection. During church is favorite thing now is to write notes to me and Jeremy. Sometimes his spelling is hilarious. Aiden has been doing Connor's worksheets from his class in Kansas. Connors teacher in Kansas sent home a bunch of worksheets for Connor to do here but Aiden has been doing them. He does math and writing and some reading! Whitney just tries to do whatever she can to be naughty! She's so funny though. She makes us laugh so hard. She loves it when we are laughing at her so then she will really ham it up to keep it going. She makes the funnies faces. She also immitates and copies everyone. When people say Danke Shon (Thank you) , or Guten Morgan (Good Morning), or Bitte (Please), etc... she copies them. It's so cute to hear her saying these German words. Next week they are going to have a nursery teacher for Whitney and 1 other little girl Whitney's age. They will both be speaking only German so we think Whitney will start picking it up a lot faster. Also, there is a little Kindergarten (Preschool) by our house that we are going to move into so we might try to send her there a couple days a week or so to learn German better.
By the way... we got the house I mentioned last week. 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms - I CAN"T WAIT! The kitchen there is bigger than the room we are living in right now. I just wish it was April 1 instead of May 1. It's going to be great though after we get moved in. We will have plenty of room there for visitors, so.... anyone wanting to come to Europe in the next 3 years?
Other highlights of this week -
TV!!! My parents recorded 2 DVD's full of TV shows from America. OMG - It was so fun! Even the commercials were fun to watch. We tried to ration the shows so that we didn't watch them all the first day, so we just watched a couple each day and tried to make it last. We've watched all of them now though... several times. :) That was so fun... Thanks Mom and Dad. Also, thank you to Cami who sent 3 DVD's. We got both packages on the same day. It was a total freak-out show when Jeremy walked in with the packages and we saw all the DVD's. You would have thought there was a million dollars in them we were so excited! THANK YOU!
We went and bought Connor some new shoes this week. His had 3 holes in them. (Bad Mom!). He has become quite opinionated about his shoes I discovered. UGGG!!! They had to be just right. No velcro or elastic (that's for "babies") and only black and white. The crease by the toes couldn't go down too far or it hurt and it couldn't slip off the heel at all, etc.... We FINALLY found a pair that was ok.
Also, Jeremy took the boys for haircuts. The hairdresser spoke NO English so Jeremy showed her pics of what they should look like. Connor looks good, but poor Aiden.... he got the worst hair cut he's ever had. It's pretty bad. Thank goodness he's so cute so it doesn't matter. Whitney's hair is getting long and is always in her face now. It's not long enough to put up so it's just going to have to be like this for a while I guess.
I better go. Only 10 minutes left and I haven't checked anyone else's blogs yet. How does this hour go so fast!?! Miss all of you. I can't wait until I can put some pics on here. It feels weird to write so much.
1 comment:
Gosh! What a LONG post! It was a good one though. I feel like I am a SMALL part of your lives when you go into detail with things. Like Connor and school. That is SOOO funny about his book! I can't believe Whittles is going to speak German. That is AWESOME!!! You need to learn some too, so she can learn better! That is SOO amazing that you got that house!!! Yeah!!! I can't wait to see it in 1-2 years!!! Mike and I will have our own bedroom!!!! I love and miss you!
~ Cami
Post a Comment