Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bye-Bye Birdie




Aiden saw a bird fly into a birdhouse in a tree in our backyard. He came and got me to tell me there were birds in there. I didn't believe him so I gave the bird house a little nudge when a bird came flying out and the bird house came crashing down. We decided to just leave it on the ground and not touch it. But when Connor came home he took the back off and saw 3 little babies in there. Aiden said "they are crying for their mommy and I can see inside their throats". He wanted to find them some food but was worried he would have to chew the worms up first before he gave it to them. Later, one by one, they crawled out of the nest, never to be seen again. But one little bird stayed... poor thing. The next day he wasn't moving so I threw him over the fence. When the boys came running out to see the bird, I informed them that they took such good care of the bird that it got strong enough to fly away. poor little birdie! :(

1 comment:

Cami said...

That is seriously soooo sad!!!! Poor little birdies!

~ Cami