Monday, May 5, 2008

Beckham Style

It finally clicked for Connor this weekend.

He's learning how to play soccer for the first time this year. It's been a little rough... he kicks balls into his own goal, he steals the ball from his own team mates, he kicks the ball as hard as he can out of bounds every chance he gets.

But... today he got it! He blocked a goal, stole the ball from one end of the field and ran the whole way down the field, keeping the ball with him, and made a goal! All the players were running behind him. Everyone was yelling "Connor Cates"!!!! (There are 3 Connor's on the team).

I wish I had a picture of his face after his goal... he closed his eyes, smiled, and looked down at the ground like he was so proud of himself but a little embarassed that everyone was yelling his name. Then he just left the team and walked over to me like he was going to sit down. Everyone was yelling at him to get back in the game. I guess he thought he was done! lol!

Tonight before bed he told Jeremy: "When I made that goal I felt like Chicken Little".






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post! Such a great memory!

Cami said...

That is really good that he's getting the hang of it. He was playing how Sydney plays. Her last game, she made 3 goals, but 2 of them were in her own goal. Connor looks like he is getting taller in the pics. He's growing up!!! awwwe!
Well, have fun!

~ Cami